Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crazy

Sometime this year - my wife gave me a series of worship DVDs from Morningstar in Charlotte. and I finally got around to watching all of them. The worship is great - rocking, soul-filling stuff. It always makes me want to be a better musician when I listen to them; but not just that, it makes me want to be a better worshiper (and worship leader).

Leonard Jones (who is the worship leader at MS) began talking about how we needed to be as energetic about worshiping our God as the world is about worshiping their gods. Then he broken into a chorus of Seal's Crazy ("We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy"). He then went onto describe what he meant by crazy.

"Not out of our minds, but in our minds." He said. "Like those who could have simply denied Christ and avoided being burned alive, but chose not to do so." How many times have I been unable to have my daily devotion because work or sleep or my house needed my attention "more" than God did. Where's my faith? Where's my "crazy"?

So - I'm a bit kicked in the pants and challenged.

Peace - Andy

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home