Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Harvest

Since Easter, my church has been part of a 50 day, 24 hours a day prayer watch over and for our city (Lynchburg, VA). While it is officially over on Sunday, tonight we had a celebration gathering in honor of the prayer vigil. My time was normally 9 to 10 PM on Saturday night.

It was great to see all the various churches who participated in the event. There were believers from many different traditions – all of whom were putting tradition aside for the better part of unity. It was a wonderful time of celebration, worship and togetherness. I will miss the 50 days when it’s over (my last hour is Saturday). Being alone with God – especially in a place where none of “my stuff” or my kids/wife could interrupt me – was something special.

During the service, one of the speakers said something that spoke to me. Jesus said “pray the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His harvest.” In the verse before Jesus said that the “harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.”

I have always been told that I needed to pray for “the lost” (the harvest). But, should I be praying for the laborers even more? The harvest is already there; it’s white and waiting to be taken in. All it needs is laborers.

So – while I don’t think it’s error to pray for the lost; I think that I need to be adding into my prayers for laborers (including myself) to be sent into the lives of these people. God has already ripened their hearts; all they need is someone to bring them in.

Something to think about – Andy

Something else: If you don’t know about this, I recommend going there and praying to see if God wants you to join the fast. http://fastandpray.com/ also see www.thecall.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home