Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Without Water

Weird day today - we lost our water for several hours this morning, afternoon. Water - we use it to keep clean and to keep nourished. And - for most of the days that I have been alive - it's there when I turn a knob or lever. But - today - it was gone.

I went to make Mack some food and there was a terrible spurt sound and then the water stopped coming out. I called our "people" and they came out and fixed the problem (like I said, it was only out for a few hours). But, during that time - I needed to wash my hands several times, I was thirsty and needed to drink and I had to go to the bathroom and flush. Every time I tried to use the water - it was gone and I needed to find a good alternative to get clean or slake my thirst.

I began to think about how much Holy Spirit is like water for us. He nourishes our spirit and He cleans us - flushes out our minds (if you will). As a Christian, I take Holy Spirit for granted (just like the water) and this is wrong. I don't always go daily to Him to study my Bible or even spend any lengthy time in communion with Him.

As I was using Pruell to clean my hands after changing a rather dirty diaper (instead of washing them), I wondered just how dirty was my soul on those days when I decided that I needed to get right to work or answering email rather than taking my daily time with my Cleaner and my true Nourishment.

How many days would I go without a shower? I rarely go more than 24 hours between showers - I hate being stinky. But, how much worse is it to have a soul that's stinky to God?

I need to stop taking the Holy Spirit for granted. I need to start getting what's most important as clean as I am getting my physical body.

I'm glad that my water was turned off and I had a couple of hours of annoyance so that God could show me this valuable lesson.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home