Saturday, October 04, 2008

Ten Years

Yesterday was my tenth wedding anniversary. Lyn asked me if it really "felt" like ten years. I'm still rolling that question over in my head. It has (without reservation) been my best ten years (since I am conveniently 41 -- I can easily breakdown my life into my 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40...).

Lyn really is my better half, complimenting me where I am weak and allowing me to do the same for her. She allows me to lead our family; even when I am boneheaded. She even makes it easy -- and she so could make it hard. She's smart, strong-willed and right more than she is wrong.

We married later in life than most of our friends; we had kids later (as well). I will be 57 when Mack graduates from High School (barring something odd pushing it up or back). And, while I am blissfully happy with Lyn - I don't think that our marriage would be as good (maybe not intact) had we met and married even a few years earlier. God need to season us both to make us ready for each other.

I marvel at the way God protects me (and Lyn) from myself. He knows me even better than I know myself and proves that everyday. He protects Lyn (and me) from her. He used time to grow us into safer versions of ourselves (even when we're sure we know what we need).

Thank God! He is in control and I am not. Thank God for my beautiful wife!

He who has found a wife has found a good thing!

Indeed!
Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home