Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Busy

PJ was giving his Wednesday night lesson last week. And, he said something along the lines of "if you're too busy to have a daily quiet time, you're too busy". Yes, it hurts when people say things like that. Scott Heine's recent sermon about honor the Sabbath day said essentially the same thing (only -- instead of a daily quiet time, it was a daily quiet time (6 days a week) and an entire day once a week). So, I am being convicted from "all sides".

Yes: I am too busy. As I have started to look for places to cut back my life, I am struck by the way that little things tend to pile up and push me off bigger things (that in turn pile up -- and make a giant pile of things).

Somewhere, there's a verse about "little foxes spoiling the vine" ... but how that applies to my life. Important things get squeezed out: God, sleep, exercise (now check that out: God, Rest, Health. What could be much more important than those three?).

I have a fox problem and I need to figure out just how to get rid of it.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home