Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today's Fox ...

is the snooze bar. My job doesn't require me to be at work at any specific hour, it just requires that I get done the things that I need to get done. So, after writing about how I need to go on a "fox hunt" ... today hits and I spend the first several waking moments hitting the snooze bar to get "just 5 more minutes" of sleep.

How can my still-pseudo-sleeping mind believe that "5 more minutes" of sleep would be all that helpful? I have no idea. I am thinking about taking the cover off the clock and breaking the snooze bar so that my options are: start the day, don't start the day.

Grrrrr ... Andy

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Heine said...

Ah, but one of the great joys of life is being able to roll over and go back to sleep. See, if you just slept those extra 5 minutes without waking up to hit the snooze bar, you wouldn't know that you're getting an extra 5 minutes of sleep. But by waking up just enough to smack the top of the alarm clock, you can conciously enjoy drifting back into a light slumber and finishing your sleep with a little extra time under the covers before starting the day.

Okay, okay... Margo thinks I'm crazy and she hates the idea of a snooze bar. So ever since the first day of our marriage, she has kept the alarm clock on the other side of the room. When it goes off, we're forced to get out of bed and turn it off. And by then we're too awake to go back and grab those extra few minutes.

But I still dream of those days when the Snooze Button was one of my best friends in life.

7:03 AM  
Blogger AndyM said...

Margo seems very wise ...

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home