Thursday, October 23, 2008

Worship

We had our regular Wednesday service tonight only it wasn’t all that regular. The Holy Spirit showed up with amazing power. It wasn’t really all that showy a thing, it was just a very heavy, peaceful, resting kind of presence.

It was something. (At times like this, I find English to be a pitiful tool for communicating. There really are no words to describe what the Holy Spirit is like – He’s God. And, somehow, even “God” doesn’t really do Him justice.)

I am awed by David’s question (as I think David was), “What is man that You are mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4) Why does God care about us? Care enough to see us refreshed?

While I would like a better answer, the one that I am left with is: “Because.” Tonight, as I am still awash in His presence; that answer is enough for me. Tomorrow, I will try to keep “Because” enough.

Happy Birthday, PJ! I love you and I am so blessed that you are my pastor.

Peace -- Andy

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Because...you are/were you ~ and one of His divine creations. Rest in Peace, dear Andy, thank you for sharing your gift of love of God with others ~ 12_03_08

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home